McNally’s Funeral Directors was established in Balbriggan in the year 1878 by Joseph Sweetman.
After his death in 1894 the business was run by James McNally until his death in 1940.
James’s wife Mary took over the running of the carpentry and funeral business until her son Sean left school in 1950 at the tender age of 17.
Sean ran the business for the next 51 years until he retired in May 2001.
On the 1st May 2001, Patrick Hickey, a native of Balrothery purchased the business from Sean and has managed the firm as McNally’s to the present day.
Over the last few years, Patrick, along with his wife Monica, have established a new branch of the business having opened a Monumental and Memorials side to McNally’s.
Their premises on Drogheda Street Balbriggan, has one of the widest selection of Memorials in Ireland and is managed by Monica.